Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is an American interactive computer-animated children's television series which aired from May 5, 2006, to November 6, 2016. The series is Disney Television Animation's first computer-animated series aimed at preschoolers. Bobs Gannaway, the Disney veteran who created it, is also responsible for other preschool shows, such as Jake and the Never Land Pirates and for Disneytoon Studios films including Secret of the Wings, The Pirate Fairy and Planes: Fire & Rescue. The final episode aired on November 6, 2016.
Since its cancellation, it airs reruns on Disney Junior.
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, and a mechanical assistant "Mouseketool" called Toodles, interact with the viewer to stimulate problem-solving during each episode's story. Disney says that each episode has the characters help children "solve a specific age-appropriate problem utilizing basic math skills, such as identifying shapes and counting through ten". The series uses "Disney Junior's 'whole child' curriculum of cognitive, social and creative learning opportunities"
The show features two original songs performed by American alternative rock band They Might Be Giants, including the opening theme song, in which a variant of a Mickey Mouse Club chant ("Meeska Mooska Mickey Mouse!") is used to summon the Clubhouse. They Might Be Giants also perform the song used at the end of every show, "Hot Dog!", which echoes Mickey's first spoken words in the 1929 short The Karnival Kid.
This is the first time the major Disney characters have regularly appeared on television in computer-animated form. The characters debuted in CG form in 2003 at the Magic Kingdom theme park attraction Mickey's PhilharMagic, then in the 2004 home video Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas.
- Wayne Allwine as Mickey Mouse and Martian Mickey (2006–09)
- Bret Iwan as Mickey Mouse, Martian Mickey, and Count Mickula (2009–16)
- Russi Taylor as Minnie Mouse, Martian Minnie, and Quoodles
- Tony Anselmo as Donald Duck
- Tress MacNeille as Daisy Duck, Chip, Baby Red Bird, and Mommy Red Bird
- Bill Farmer as Goofy, Pluto, Goofbot, and Goofles
- Rob Paulsen as Toodles
- Jim Cummings as Pete
- Corey Burton as Ludwig Von Drake and Dale
- April Winchell as Clarabelle Cow
- Dee Bradley Baker as Boo Boo Chicken, Santa Claus, and Coco the monkey
- Frank Welker as Figaro, Butch the Bulldog, and Mr. Pettibone
- Will Ryan as Willie the Giant
- Maurice LaMarche as Mortimer Mouse
- Dick Van Dyke as Captain Goof-Beard
- Avalon Robbins as Millie Mouse
- Grace Kaufman as Melody Mouse
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Boodles
- Nika Futterman as the Singing Lock
- David Tennant as Igor the Door
Main article: List of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||27||May 5, 2006||July 27, 2007|
|2||40||January 26, 2008||February 20, 2010|
|3||32||February 27, 2010||September 28, 2012|
|4||26||November 5, 2012||November 6, 2016|